Apoint Dr. I.Y Opoku as Deputy Agric Minister – Group pleads with President
In the Ashanti Region, a pressure group in Offinso South Constituency, Intellectual Youth Patriots and Concerned Youth of Offinso South is appealing to the President of the republic of Ghana, His Excellency Nana Addo Danquah Akufo Addo to appoint Hon. Dr. I.Y Opoku the Member of Parliament for Offinso South Constituency among his ministers in his second term administration.
According to the group, Hon. Dr. I.Y Opoku has served remarkably well under the Ghana COCOBOD, having held some principal positions namely; CODAPEC (Cocoa Diseases and Pest Control), Black pod Co-ordinator, Executive Director under the seed Production Division, Managing Director under Quality Control Company Limited and as an Executive Director under the Cocoa Research Institute.
with all these knowledge he has acquired in the Agric sector, it’s indeed rightful for H.E Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo Addo to appoint him to serve at the Agric Ministry; the group pleaded.
” We do appeal with His Excellency to appoint our member of parliament at the Agric Ministry. We know Dr Osei Akoto heads the ministry so a Deputy ministerial position will be enough for Hon. Dr. I.Y Opoku because of his knowledge and his experience in the Agric sector.”
They emphasized that, his competency even before becoming a Member of Parliament depicts he can deliver if he is given the chance to perform.
Attached are some achievements and policies he started before the 2020 general elections.
INTELLECTUAL YOUTH PATRIOTS
OFFINSO SOUTH CONSTITUENCY
HON. DR. ISAAC YAW OPOKU OUGHT TO BE GIVEN A MINISTERIAL POSITION.
SOME OF THE ACHIEVEMENTS AND PROPOSED POLICIES OF HON. DR.I Y OPOKU
- NATIONAL LEVEL
- National CODAPEC (Cocoa Disease and Pest Control) black pod coordinator.
- Executive Director: Seed production Division.
- Quality Control Company Ltd: Managing Director.
- Executive Director: Cocoa Research Institute.
- In the history of Ghana Cocoa Board, Dr. I Y Opoku and Dr. Adu Ampomah are the only
Directors who were given contracts after their active service.
- Hon. Dr. I. Y. Opoku is very humble.
- Hon. Dr. I. Y. Opoku is indefatigable when it comes to administration.
- Hon. Dr. I. Y. Opoku is extremely selfless.
- Hon. Dr. I. Y. Opoku is incorruptible.
- Hon. Dr. I. Y. Opoku is a listening leader.
- Hon. Dr. I. Y. Opoku’s main motive for entering politics is to transform Offinsoman and
leave a remarkable history for future politicians across the country.
- OFFINSO SOUTH (CONSTITUENCY LEVEL).
ONGOING COCOA ROADS
- Bonsua Road (Kokote to Wawase): 24 and half Kilometer.
- Anyenasusu Camp to Abofour Kyebi Road.
COCOA ROADS CURRENTLY WITH CONTRACTORS
- 1. Abofour Kwapanyin to Asubore Road.
- Abofour Kyebi to Berekum Road.
- POTABLE WATER (PROMISED 12 BOLEHOLES DURING THE 2020 CAMPAIGN).
- Samproso(1) 2.Abrokyire(1) 3.Awisem(1) 4.Asuboe(1) 5.Kwapanyin(2)
TO BE DELIVERED SOON (6)
- Adukro 2.Ampabame 3.Dome 4.Asamankama 5.Ayensua Fufuo. 6. Adiemmra
- EDUCATION (Delivered).
Uncountable bags of cement have been given to various schools within the constituency to support infrastructural projects.
- EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES(Delivered).
- Three hundred and twenty seven (327) people from the constituency have been employed at
Ghana Cocoa Board. Note: This covers both permanent and contract.
- Security services: Immigration (1) Police (5) Prisons (2) Fire Service(3).
The police and the fire service officials are currently at their various training centers.
- HOUSING (Proposed).
One hundred and fifty (150) building plots of land have been secured at Ayensua Fufuo for undertaking of real estate projects.
- COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT (Proposed).
Two hundred plots of land have been secured at Abofour (near the market) for the undertaking of developmental projects.
- OFFINSOMAN DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION (Proposed).
- MOTIVE: Undertaking of numerous developmental projects within the constituency.
- KEY MEMBERS: Chiefs, Pastors, Imams and all other groups in the constituency who
believe in societal development.
- INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY CENTER (Proposed).
An ultra-modern I.C.T center will be instituted in the Constituency.
- To facilitate learning.
- Keeping of particulars of graduates for easy job search assistance.
- Keeping the particulars of polling station executives and other dedicated party sympathizers.
J.TRANSPARENCY IN COMMON FUND ISSUES (Proposed).
- PAYING MUCH ATTENTION TO THE WELFARE OF THE YOUTH (Proposed).
- BUILDING OF PARTY OFFICE (Proposed).
A plot of land has been secured at Adukro for the building of party office. Under this project,
offices will be available for all the constituency executives of the party.
- INSURANCE FOR DELIGATES (Proposed).
OFFICE OF THE STRATEGIC AFFAIRS OFFICER
INTELLECTUAL YOUTH PATRIOTS
OFFINSO SOUTH CONSTITUENCY
Breaking : Saddick Adams and his team Leaving Angel Broadcasting Network? – ghanapublisher.com
Award-winning broadcast sports journalist and head of sports of Accra-based Angel FM, Saddick Adams, popularly known as ‘Sports Obama’ together with his team are on the verge of leaving Angel Broadcasting Network (ABN).
Believe it or not, this website can extensively report the popular sports broadcaster and his crew (including Nathaniel Obeng, Isaac Ansah Apagya and many others) are on their way to Media General – Onua FM and Onua TV.
Saddick Adams ‘Sports Obama’ and his crew, would however join former compatriot at Angel FM, Captain Smart at Media General.
Reasons for the decision to part ways with the media outfit is currently unknown but this portal suggests the crew is not enthused about the turn of events at the Accra based station, thus management’s decision to take its popular evening sports show, ‘ Angel Floodlights show’ off Angel TV.
Although none of the crew have confirmed or denied the rumours whether they are on the verge to divorce their relationship with the Angel Broadcasting Network; however this website sighted a post on Saddick Adams’ facebook wall Saturday evening which in a way confirms this particular story.
Here is the post:
TB Joshua ministry was toxic, he caused damages – Journalist Sandra Ezekwesili – ghanapublisher.com
Radio Presenter, Sandra Ezekwesili has alleged that the late founder of the Synagogue Church of All Nations, SCOAN, Prophet TB Joshua did a lot of harm than good, irrespective of all the good eulogies being credited to him by people.
Recall that the Prophet passed away in Lagos, Saturday evening, after a programme at his church.
In his last words to Christians, Prophet TB Joshua urged them to watch and pray.
Following his sudden death, the deceased man of God has continued to receive accolades for his reported good deeds from members of his congregation.
However, the Lagos based Radio girl, Sandra, in a post via her Twitter account said the prophet who would usually sell anointing oil and advise his church members against visiting a hospital when they were sick failed to practice what he preached as he reportedly visited the hospital before he died.
She claimed the late Prophet caused a lot of damage and anyone saying anything contrary to that is dishonest.
“TB Joshua was reportedly ill and went to the hospital.
“Did he not teach his numerous followers not to try hospitals and abandon their medication for his holy water and anointing oil?
“His ministry did a lot of damage. Any conversation that doesn’t include that, is dishonest.
“I said what I said. The man was irresponsible as a leader, did not walk in the footsteps of Christ and his ministry was toxic and exploitative.
“Death doesn’t erase that. “I had nothing good to say about him while he lived, I won’t start now because he is dead,” she wrote.
Man found dead in his room – ghanapublisher.com
A report available at our news desk indicates that a man believed to be in his late 50’s has died in is own room at Berekum mpatase in the Bono region.
According to an eyewitness, the diseased, Baba Mahama but popularly known as ”KRAMO MAHAMAH” stay with them at the same house, but on Thursday morning after they have all woke from bed they realized that Baba Mahamah is still inside his room but none of them in the house went to check on him.
They all left the house to their various work places. In the evening they came back from work and realized Baba Mahama is still inside his room . They called his number and noted that his phone was ringing inside the room but no one received it .
The Assembly man in the area Hon Gabrel Kyere (.IGP.) With the help of some residence break his door but unfortunate they found him lifeless on his bed.
According to the Assembly man, the diseased was with no injury on his body also he was not sick too but they don’t know what happened to him.
The police was informed for further investigation but since Mahamah was a Muslim he was buried the same day.