Connect with us

News

Ghanaian born British soldier who insulted Akufo-Addo over NAM 1 arrested for fraud

Published

on

A Ghanaian born British soldier Stanley Mensah Kodia who insulted President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo over Nana Appiah Mensah alias NAM 1, embattled Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the defunct gold dealership firm has been arrested by the Property Fraud Unit of the Ghana Police Service.

The suspect was picked up on Wednesday, January 13, 2021, by police investigators after an official complaint was lodged at the unit by a businessman and an Estate Developer over the conduct of the suspect.

According to the facts of the case, the suspect and his father one Nii Okpoti Kodua in November 2015 sold 20 plots of land to the complainant at Oyarifa Gravel Pit in the Greater Accra Region.

The complainant is said to have walled the plots of land with the intention of developing them but was left in shock when he visited the area recently only to observe that the lands have encroached and resold.

A fence gate on the walled plots of land was also pulled down and several gates fixed and demarcated of which the secured lands were being developed by new owners.

An official complaint was therefore lodged with the police leading to the arrest of the suspect who is alleged to have played a key role in the entire transaction.

Police who confirmed the arrest to MyNewsGh.com, reveal that he was released on bail on Wednesday afternoon but is expected to report back as investigations continue.

It would be recalled that the same Stanley Mensah Kodia in 2019 accused the former Executive Director of Economic and Organised Crime Office (EOCO) Mr. K.K Amoah of taking money and mobile phones from Nana Appiah Mensah.

In a series of posts on Facebook, the young man accused the then EOCO boss of taking over $400,000 and expensive mobile phones from Nana Appiah Mensah, adding that he also bought lots of cars for several staff of EOCO and that he’s surprised they are now describing him as a ‘Ponzi’ operator.

The man who looked confident in the Facebook video he posted, stated categorically that, he has video evidence to back his claims and that he’s ready to expose the EOCO boss and several others on radio and TV.

According to him, the Executive Director, KK Amoah took mobile phones from Nana Appiah for his girlfriend and lots of money from him. He dared that anyone should ask him, if he will deny ever taking money from Nana Appiah Mensah.

Source:MyNewsGh.com/Stephen Zoure/2021

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

I’ve recently been defrauded to the tune of $7 million – Kennedy Agyapong laments

Published

on

Assin Central Member of Parliament, Kennedy Agyapong, has disclosed that he has landed in a botched business that has seen him swindled to the tune of US$7 million by a young man.

According to him, in the line of business, no matter how shrewd a person is; losses and other challenges can pop up but that it was how a person handles it that determines how good a businessperson they are.

GhanaWeb monitored comments Agyapong made on Net2 TV’s ‘The Attitude’ show on August 20 where he revealed that the ‘fraudsters’ who are messing with him will soon know who they are up against.

“Even for me, things are not so smooth for me as you think. I told you last week that I have bought machines worth 7 million dollars for some young boys, they have swindled me, they are still on it, they haven’t changed.

“Their time will come, my message is that when I was advancing them the money to buy the canon machines, if that was all I had, I wouldn’t have given them that money. So I will eat, what pains me is that a 39-year-old boy will swindle me, a 61-year-old man.”

According to him, now that he is plotting to hit back at the fraudsters, “people are begging, people are still begging. People I respect are begging, you see why Ghana is not progressing?” he quizzed.

He vowed to go after the boys and to collapse their business, a fight back that he said he had started by cutting their sources of supply and business.

Agyapong, however, remains undaunted by the incident, stressing that he will continue to run his businesses and to make investments because that was a sign of a businessman who understands the ups and downs that come with the trade.

“I will not let them demoralize me…. I’m still investing. I am business-wise already but I have grown wiser. If you see a Ghanaian dying, let him die…. Nana Boadu (he gave the names of one of the boys) will not know what is coming upon him.

“But I will not let those boys collapse me, they are very evil, I know of two but I am told they are three… I will retrieve every pesewa of mine from those small boys, they will never swindle me this badly.

“I will take action and I don’t care, because I will not let him take me for granted ever. I usually pass my hand over my head. My head is boiling because I am so pained that the boys have been able to swindle me that bad,” he lamented.

Continue Reading

News

Chaos: Agbogbloshie scrap dealers fires shots at police over de-congestion exercise – ghanapublisher.com

Published

on

The scrap dealers at Agbogbloshie in Accra are resisting the decongestion exercise by the Greater Accra Regional Coordinating Council.

The scrap dealers and onion traders at Agbogbloshie are being relocated to Adjen Kotoku to help free the congestion in the central business district of Accra as part of the agenda “Make Accra work again” initiated by the Greater Accra Regional Minister, Mr Henry Quartey.

Graphic Online’s reporter Joshua Bediako Koomson who is with the team undertaking the exercise reports that the de-congestion exercise started Thursday morning was moving smoothly until the team arrived at the scrap dealers section.

The dealers set used vehicle tyres ablaze in protest against their removal from the spot.

According to our reporter Joshua Bediako, “They are firing shots and throwing stones at the security personnel.”

“They also started burning tyres”, he added.

He said the exercise aimed at removing onion traders and scrap dealers to Adjen Kotoku was peaceful until they reached the scrapyard.

The scrap dealers argued that they were not served any notice to vacate the place.

“So the military had to intervene by firing warning shots to disperse them,” he added.

Source: graphiconline

Continue Reading

News

Calm down and support Prez. Akkufo Addo – Nana B to Ejura Youth – ghanapublisher.com

Published

on

NPP YOUTH WING APPEALS TO EJURA YOUTH TO CALM DOWN, SUPPORTS PREZ AKUFO-ADDO’s DIRECTIVE FOR PUBLIC INQUIRY

The National Youth wing of the New Patriotic Party has learned with profound concern reports of the alleged murder of Ibrahim Mohammed aka Kaaka and the unfortunate death of two protesters in Ejura in the Ashanti Region.

At the outset, we condemn in no uncertain terms the alleged mob attack that led to the untimely death of Kaaka and also the use of disproportionate force by the joint security force against the rampaging youth in Ejura.

We sincerely sympathize with the families of the deceased and pray that the good Lord comfort and strengthen them in the difficult times they find themselves.

As agonizing and regrettable as the death of these three individuals are, the Youth wing, in all humility, appeals to the youth in Ejura to calm down and tread a path that engenders peace, love and unity to honor the memories of the dead.

As youth we hold the key to the future of our great nation and we cannot jeopardize this great task by resorting to instant retaliation and violence which threatens the peaceful coexistence in our country.

We welcome and support the directive from H.E. Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo to the Minister of Interior, Hon. Ambrose Dery, MP, to immediately conduct Public Inquiry into the circumstances that led to the unfortunate occurrences on Tuesday, 29th June, 2021.

Again, we add on to the numerous calls on the Police to expedite investigations into the unfortunate death of Kaaka and serve justice to him and the bereaved family by bringing the perpetrators to book.

That said, It is deeply worrying that the opposition NDC seeks to use these very unfortunate and tragic occurrences as an opportunity to undermine the peace and progress we have collectively attained in almost 30 years of our democracy, admired and spoken about in the Sub-Region.

As citizens of Ghana and as Youth, it is our duty to denounce and condemn such statements which rather weakens our strength as a nation in fighting atrocious acts.

We must take up the call for social justice in an appropriate manner which ensures that all are protected and we contribute in the collective effort to support the peace process.

Once again, we solemnly commiserate with the families, friends and loved ones of the deceased and wish the injured a speedy recovery.

Thank you
…Signed…

Henry Nana Boakye
(National Youth Organizer, NPP)

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement Enter a d code here
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement Ente r ad code here
Advertisement

Popular

Copyright © 2021 Ghana Publisher.