Connect with us

News

Ghanaian, Isaac Andoh jailed 25 years in UK for raping two white girls – ghanapublisher.com

Published

on

A churchgoing paedophile who ‘stole the childhoods’ of two little girls after subjecting them to a sickening campaign of rapes and sexual abuse has been jailed for 25 years.




Isaac Andoh, 43, was described as ‘every parent’s worst nightmare’ as he was put behind bars at Manchester Crown Court today (January 20).

The court heard how Andoh, from Openshaw, preyed on the girls from early 2018 to mid-2019.

He groomed one girl and ‘made her feel special’, taking her to McDonald’s for her favourite food before raping her.

He forced her to watch pornographic films with him and made her copy what she had seen on screen, the court heard.




The paedophile, who was a regular churchgoer, then went on to sexually abuse another young girl.

He told both victims that the vile abuse was ‘their secret’.

The horrific abuse came to light when a girl told a family member what Andoh had been doing to her.




Now, the ‘predatory, cunning and manipulative paedophile’ has been jailed for 25 years by a judge.

He was found guilty of 17 sexual offences – including three counts of rape – after a trial in January.

Prosecutor Nicola Gatto told the court how ‘steps were taken’ by Andoh to prevent the girls from reporting what had been happening to them.




“The defendant had said that this was ‘their secret’ and even made a ‘secret gesture’ with them where he would join their hands in the shape of a love heart”, Ms Gatto said.

Defending, Aisha Khan invited the judge to pass the ‘lowest possible sentence’ that she could for her client, who had no previous convictions.

But Judge Hilary Manley said that given the seriousness and nature of the offences, Andoh’s previously good character was of ‘no weight’ in this case.




Sentencing, Judge Manley told Andoh: “I have to sentence you for grave crimes which you have committed against two little girls.

“You were and are a predatory, cunning and manipulative paedophile – every parent’s worst nightmare.”

Of Andoh’s targeting of one girl, the judge told him: “You made her feel special, you took her to McDonald’s to buy the food she liked and then you began sexually abusing her.

“You told her this was your secret and even made a secret hand gesture with her.



“What you did to these two girls was and is unforgivable.

Manchester Crown Court

Manchester Crown Court






“You begged for these matters not to be brought to the police then brought it to a trial, but the jury saw through your ludicrous and cowardly defences.

“You have stolen childhoods and both of your victims have been affected by this.

“It’s abundantly clear to me that you have no remorse at all.”



Andoh, of Toxteth Street, was convicted of 17 offences.

The offences were: three counts of rape of a child under 13, three counts of assault by penetration of a child under 13, 10 counts of sexual assault of a child under 13 and one count of causing a child to watch a sexual act.




Andoh was made subject of a Sexual Harm Prevention Order – preventing him from having any unsupervised contact with a child – and was ordered to sign the sex offender’s register for life.

After the sentencing, Detective Constable Emma Cooper, of GMP’s City of Manchester division, said: “Thanks to the brave testimony of the girls involved, we have brought the perpetrator of these sickening attacks to justice.




“The psychological impact of crimes such as this can be considerable but we hope today’s sentence brings some degree of closure now that Andoh is behind bars – where he belongs.

“We will always take reports of this kind of crime extremely seriously and we’d encourage anyone who feels they have been the victim of such offences to get in touch with police.”




Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Chaos: Agbogbloshie scrap dealers fires shots at police over de-congestion exercise – ghanapublisher.com

Published

on

The scrap dealers at Agbogbloshie in Accra are resisting the decongestion exercise by the Greater Accra Regional Coordinating Council.

The scrap dealers and onion traders at Agbogbloshie are being relocated to Adjen Kotoku to help free the congestion in the central business district of Accra as part of the agenda “Make Accra work again” initiated by the Greater Accra Regional Minister, Mr Henry Quartey.

Graphic Online’s reporter Joshua Bediako Koomson who is with the team undertaking the exercise reports that the de-congestion exercise started Thursday morning was moving smoothly until the team arrived at the scrap dealers section.

The dealers set used vehicle tyres ablaze in protest against their removal from the spot.

According to our reporter Joshua Bediako, “They are firing shots and throwing stones at the security personnel.”

“They also started burning tyres”, he added.

He said the exercise aimed at removing onion traders and scrap dealers to Adjen Kotoku was peaceful until they reached the scrapyard.

The scrap dealers argued that they were not served any notice to vacate the place.

“So the military had to intervene by firing warning shots to disperse them,” he added.

Source: graphiconline

Continue Reading

News

Calm down and support Prez. Akkufo Addo – Nana B to Ejura Youth – ghanapublisher.com

Published

on

NPP YOUTH WING APPEALS TO EJURA YOUTH TO CALM DOWN, SUPPORTS PREZ AKUFO-ADDO’s DIRECTIVE FOR PUBLIC INQUIRY

The National Youth wing of the New Patriotic Party has learned with profound concern reports of the alleged murder of Ibrahim Mohammed aka Kaaka and the unfortunate death of two protesters in Ejura in the Ashanti Region.

At the outset, we condemn in no uncertain terms the alleged mob attack that led to the untimely death of Kaaka and also the use of disproportionate force by the joint security force against the rampaging youth in Ejura.

We sincerely sympathize with the families of the deceased and pray that the good Lord comfort and strengthen them in the difficult times they find themselves.

As agonizing and regrettable as the death of these three individuals are, the Youth wing, in all humility, appeals to the youth in Ejura to calm down and tread a path that engenders peace, love and unity to honor the memories of the dead.

As youth we hold the key to the future of our great nation and we cannot jeopardize this great task by resorting to instant retaliation and violence which threatens the peaceful coexistence in our country.

We welcome and support the directive from H.E. Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo to the Minister of Interior, Hon. Ambrose Dery, MP, to immediately conduct Public Inquiry into the circumstances that led to the unfortunate occurrences on Tuesday, 29th June, 2021.

Again, we add on to the numerous calls on the Police to expedite investigations into the unfortunate death of Kaaka and serve justice to him and the bereaved family by bringing the perpetrators to book.

That said, It is deeply worrying that the opposition NDC seeks to use these very unfortunate and tragic occurrences as an opportunity to undermine the peace and progress we have collectively attained in almost 30 years of our democracy, admired and spoken about in the Sub-Region.

As citizens of Ghana and as Youth, it is our duty to denounce and condemn such statements which rather weakens our strength as a nation in fighting atrocious acts.

We must take up the call for social justice in an appropriate manner which ensures that all are protected and we contribute in the collective effort to support the peace process.

Once again, we solemnly commiserate with the families, friends and loved ones of the deceased and wish the injured a speedy recovery.

Thank you
…Signed…

Henry Nana Boakye
(National Youth Organizer, NPP)

 

Continue Reading

News

Breaking : Saddick Adams and his team Leaving Angel Broadcasting Network? – ghanapublisher.com

Published

on

Award-winning broadcast sports journalist and head of sports of Accra-based Angel FM, Saddick Adams, popularly known as ‘Sports Obama’ together with his team are on the verge of leaving Angel Broadcasting Network (ABN).

Believe it or not, this website can extensively report the popular sports broadcaster and his crew (including Nathaniel Obeng, Isaac Ansah Apagya and many others) are on their way to Media General – Onua FM and Onua TV.

Saddick Adams ‘Sports Obama’ and his crew, would however join former compatriot at Angel FM, Captain Smart at Media General.

Reasons for the decision to part ways with the media outfit is currently unknown but this portal suggests the crew is not enthused about the turn of events at the Accra based station, thus management’s decision to take its popular evening sports show, ‘ Angel Floodlights show’ off Angel TV.

Although none of the crew have confirmed or denied the rumours whether they are on the verge to divorce their relationship with the Angel Broadcasting Network; however this website sighted a post on Saddick Adams’ facebook wall Saturday evening which in a way confirms this particular story.

Here is the post:

.

Continue Reading
Advertisement Enter a d code here
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement Ente r ad code here
Advertisement

Popular

Copyright © 2021 Ghana Publisher.