Connect with us

News

Ghanaian students in China cries for evacuation to Ghana as Coronavirus keep killing citizens – ghanapublsiher.com

Avatar

Published

on

Information reachin us indicates that Ghanaian students in Wuhan in China, are calling on government to evacuate them from the country since there is an outbreak of coronavirus in the country.
According to a JoyNews report, the Wuhan Chapter President of Ghanaian students, Samson Opoku, the city has been completely locked down for eight days and as a result, people have run out of food supplies.
“We are 151 students in the city now, and for us, we want evacuation back home to Ghana. When the outbreak subsides or ends then we return and continue our academic work. “We don’t know how long this [coronavirus] is going to take.
The number of cases and mortality rates increases each day so members are scared. We want to be evacuated back home,” he stressed.
The National President of the Ghanaian students in China, Felix Gyawu Addo, on Monday, told JoyNews the Ghanaian Ambassador to China, Edward Boateng, will be meeting the student leadership of Wuhan to discuss the issue and decide the best solution to the situation at hand.
Speaking on the shortage of foodstuff, Mr Addo indicated some stores have been opened in the city so supplies will be restocked. “And so that is the intervention now, and I believe that very soon they will be able to get these things [groceries] to the students who need them,” the National President of the Ghanaian students in China stated.
He also confirmed that so far no Ghanaian student has been diagnosed of the epidermic yet.
Cote d’Ivoire’s Ministry of Health and Public Hygiene said in a statement Sunday, January 26, 2019, said an Ivorian student who traveled from Beijing to Abidjan experienced symptoms such as coughing, sneezing and difficulty breathing.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Adansi Hene allegedly destroying his own lands with galamsey – ghanapublisher.com

Avatar

Published

on

The Adansi Hene, Opagyakotwere Bonsra Afriyie II have been accused of involvement in illegal mining at Adansi Hweremoase a community in the Adansi Asokwa District of the Ashanti Region.

The illegal Mining Galamsey menace has become a top challenge to the government as all measures to curb the infamous destroying of water bodies, natural resources and lands has been fruitless.

Ghanaians have witnessed the formation of “Operation Vanguard” with 400 security men which was made up of the Ghana Armed Forces (GAF) and the Police Service by President Akufo Addo, and also Galamstop initiated by the former Minister of Environment, Science, Technology and Innovation, Professor Frimpong-Boateng, all in 2017.

None of these teams were able to succeed the fight us expected by Ghanaians.

The current state of illegal Mining in the country is very disgusting and terrible which has led to the Lands and Natural Resources Minister, Hon. Abu Jinapor to halt even those doing prospecting legally.

Government has again embarked on the fight by burning any galamsey equipment including excavators which would be found on any galamsey site.

A video intercepted by www.ghanapublisher.com explains how the Adansi Hene is allegedly involved in the illegal mining going on at Adansi Hweremoase, a community under his command.

in the video, the narrator is heard to have said that, the Adansi Hene with his nephew and some opinion leaders of the town have joined to do illegal mining (Galamsey) which has destroy their lands and natural resources.

According to the narrator, It is the Adansi Hene who brought the excavators to the site to mine gold illegally.

The narrator added that, the Twafohene of Fomena is also part of the illegal mining going on in the area. The narrator who mentioned his name as Wofa K or Kwabena obeng, a native of Hweremoase said that, he consulted the assembly member of the area to confirm if he is aware of the happenings on the land but he said he has no idea of who is even mining there.

Watch the video below

 

Continue Reading

News

#FixTheCountry campaign: Over 330,000 Ghanaians descends on Prez. Akuffo Addo – ghanapublisher.com

Avatar

Published

on

Almost all the celebrities in Ghana are unhappy with the current economic state of the country (Ghana), not only them, some Ghanaians are unhappy and venting their spleens over what they describe as disappointment on the part of the current government to improve the lives of the citizens

Mostly made up of the youth, tens of thousands of posts have been made on social media highlighting some of these inadequacies.

Despite efforts by government including the Nation Builders’ Corp (NABCO), National Youth Entrepreneurship and Innovation Plan (NEIP) and other commitments towards investing in the growing human capital, some Twitter users say the impact is not felt on the ground.

Dominant in the sentiments shared on Twitter are rising youth unemployment, dilapidated health system, skyrocketing home-renting structure, poor road networks among others.

#FixTheCountry campaign is currently having over 330,000 tweets plus over 37,000 petition signed against that.

“This is the right time for us to stand up and come together as one people to speak and let them [government] know that we are tired,” Joshua Boye-Doe, a social media user and initiator of the #FixTheCountry campaign said.

Below are the tweets from some Ghanaian celebrates and the ordinary as well.

 

Source: www.ghanapublisher.com

Continue Reading

News

Fake currency gang busted by National Security -ghanapublisher.com

Avatar

Published

on

The National Security has busted a-13-member gang involved in the printing and distribution of fake currency notes to unsuspecting victims, mostly foreign nationals.

A statement issued by the National Security Secretariat, copied to the Ghana News Agency, said the gang, led by one Yassei Alia, a 45-year-old Syrian resident in East Legon, and owner of Hardford Auto Service in Accra, together with Danjuma Zakaria, alias Alhaji Mohammed, 49 and resident of Tema West, were rounded up in a warehouse within the premises of NacCharter Cargo and Freight Company, near KLM offices within the Kotoka International Airport, on Monday, April, 27 at around 5:30 pm.

Freshly printed $10,000 bundles of fake $100 notes concealed in two large metal trunks and a suitcase were retrieved from the warehouse.

The statement said the amount was estimated to be over five million United States dollars.

Other suspected accomplices arrested during the operation include Esther Omozeea, Emad Aldalhi, Kamal Mohammed, Abdulai Yakubu Osman and Samuel Ababio.

The remaining are John Denyo, Desmond Delali Dumenu, Alike Happiness, Prosper Chukwu, Victor Israel, Padi Christian Holdbrook.

It said in their caution statements, Yassei and Mohammed, who drove to the warehouse in the former’s car, denied knowledge of the deal.

It noted that however, when questioned separately, Yassei, who held a Syrian passport, a Republic of Guinea-Bissau diplomatic passport, and a Nigerian national driver’s licence issued in Ogun State, indicated that he had gone to the warehouse to have a discussion with one Kojo, an alleged cargo dealer and operator of the premises, regarding a V8 engine the latter was to import on his behalf, while Alhaji Mohammed stated that he had gone to solicit for financial help from Kojo to enable him procure a vehicle from Holland.

The statement said further, while Yassei claimed Kojo sat in a meeting with them on the said day, Alhaji Mohammed indicated that Kojo was not at the premises at the time of their visit and that while waiting for him, they were arrested.

It said incidentally, two of the suspects interrogated separately corroborated Mohammed’s claim that Kojo was not seen at the premises on the said day.

“The group’s modus operandi, according to intelligence, suggest that they lure unsuspecting victims with claims that they have access to millions of US dollars in Libya,” the statement said.

“Victims are given genuine sums of US dollars to spend for free, as a proof of the genuineness of the deal.”

It noted that once convinced, victims were requested to deposit huge sums of USD dollars as freight charges to aid the shipment of the said dollars to the victims.

It said upon receipt of amount, the suspects package fake dollars stashed in between a few hundreds of genuine notes, for onward delivery to their victims.

It said shortly after the arrest, one Bandoh, Alhaji-Ahmed, alias Alhaji Bamed, owner of Bamed Travel and Tours, who claims to be a Presidential Staffer at the Castle, and a client of Yassie, drove to the National Security headquarters, verbally assaulted the leader of the operation, and vowed to free the suspects.

It said the aggressive conduct of Alhaji Bamed, suggested that he might be involved in the deal, particularly when investigations are ongoing.

It said officials of National Security had assured Ghanaians that the Government was determined to rid the country of fake currency syndicates and warned that persons involved in the illegality would be arrested and dealt with accordingly.

The National Security has therefore urged the public to report suspicious activities of persons to security agencies to aid their arrest and prosecution.

Meanwhile, investigations continue.

Continue Reading
Advertisement Enter a d code here
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement Ente r ad code here
Advertisement

Popular

Copyright © 2021 Ghana Publisher.