The Former President of the Republic of Ghana, His Excellency John Agyekum Kuffour has wished Hon. Iddrisu Musah affectionately called Musah Superior well on his bid to become the next National General Secretary of the ruling party, New Patriotic Party (NPP).
The former Tamale Mayor who is currently the Deputy C.E.O of Ghana Forestry Commission paid a courtesy call on the former president at his Peduase Residence to officially inform him about his bid to contest for the NPP’s National General Secretary Position in the upcoming elections.
Musah Superior explained and detailed to the Ex- President the nature of his campaign themed “The Peoples’s Campaign”.
Ex – President Kuffour was delighted and fascinated about the nature and content of the Peoples’s Campaign.
He wished him well and blessed him.
Below are the 10 points plan of the Peoples’s campaign.
1. As GS, l will operate meaningfully at the Party HQ. The Party will no longer be managed from the private offices and homes of some persons. I will lead in running an active, professional and hugely political HQ. I will not run the Party in absentia.
2. I will mange the Party from bottom to top. This means l will pay serious attention to the local structures of the party. I believe that if we pay attention to the polling stations and resource the Constituency Executives, we will enhance our strength.
3. I will formulate and publish a six monthly ACTIVITY PLAN. This means that l will be busy in the country side on a formal work schedule. Regional and Constituency ACTIVITY PLAN will fit into the plan of the HQ.
4. I will ensure that officers, communicators, etc are REWARDED. It is absurd that we do not have an award scheme for people who have worked so hard for our victory. I ll ensure that we add value to our officers and volunteers. This is not rocket science!
5. Establish a WORKING welfare scheme for all officers of the Party.
6. Revive the demotivated Communications Directorate of the Party. All communicators at all levels must have a reason to continue to advocate for the Party. I ll put a plan in place to “look” after them. I will also support the Directorate to recruit brilliant communicators from the Regions and constituencies and offer them opportunities to feature on programmes “reserved” for certain class of persons. We must find innoviative ways of making our communication effective, convincing and pointful. This mean we must consult widely and use the wealthy brains of the Party people.
7. I will lead in constantly articulating the excellent work the NPP government is doing. We must articulate loudly our achievements and challenge any propaganda intended to undermine out grear efforts. Winning elections 2024 will depend largely on the achievements of our government.
8. As GS, l will ensure that ALL internal elections are free, fair, transparent and credible. ALL parliamentary primaries shall be OPENED to all. No needless disqualifications.
9. Our Party is run by Committees. (Steering Committee, National Executive Committee, National Council and the National Delegates Conference/Congress). As GS, l will become the most functional officer of the Party and shall work to the directions of the Committees.
10. Discipline brings stability and meaning into a person or institution. It teaches us to be responsible and respectful.The observance of well-defined rules in any organisation is critically important for the growth and development of the organisation. Discipline promotes good human behavior, stronger and focussed regime. We need to instil this important virtue into our Party. l will supervise a disciplined Party.