The Adansi South District Assembly in the Ashanti Region has confirmed the DCE nominee Hon. Francis Kwabena Ankomah.
The President’s nominee for Adansi South District, Hon Francis Kwabena Ankomah Populary known as Hon. Oti who is the incumbent was re-nominated by the president among one former NPP Parliamentary candidate for the New Edubiase Constituenc Mr. Kyei Baffour De-graft who also filed for the nomination.
29 Assembly members and 12 government appointees making 41 all voted yes to confirm the nominee which represents 100%.
The program was attended by all District Heads of Departments.
NPP New Edubiase Constituency Chairman Mr. Prince Anfo Boahen and some party Executives also graced the occasion.
In attendance also was the NDC Member of Parliament for New Edubiase Constituency Hon. Abdul Salam Adams and the party’s Constituency Chairman, Mr. Oheneba Kwabena Andoh.
In his speech, the MP emphasized that, the assembly is made of members from NPP and NDC but none of them voted against the nominee. He said that signifies the unity and co-operation between the nominee and the assembly members and it means they are going to work together for the development of Adansi South District and Ghana as well.
NPP Ashanti regional Youth Organizer Denis Kwakwa who represented the Ashanti Regional Minister Hon. Simon Osei Mensah stated that, he was very happy to see the NDC MP for New Edubiase Constituency Hon. Abdul Salam Adams at the program to support the nominee. He added that, he thank the assembly members for voting once to confirm the nominee.
The DCE, Hon. Francis Kwabena Ankomah, thanked all the assembly members for voting yes without a single no, he promised to collaborate with all the assembly members to work and bring development to their various electoral areas. He appreciated the presence of the Member of Parliament and the NDC party.
Policeman frees female suspect after sex with her in cells – ghanapublisher.com
A confidential report says the policeman released Theresa Forson, who is awaiting sentencing, after the sexual favour in the female cells on Saturday
A policeman stationed at Nkanfoa Police Station in the Central Region allegedly released a female suspect on Saturday (25 September) after having sex with her in the female cells.
A service report on the incident said the policeman, Lance Corporal Isaac Apomah, freed Theresa Forson, who is awaiting sentencing for an undisclosed offence, around 2am after sexual intercourse with her in the cells.
Lance Corporal Apomah is being held while further investigations take place.
The confidential police report seen by Asaaseradio.com said Forson was produced by her family members in the morning “since they were aware the convict was supposed to be in police custody”.
Top sources in the Ghana Police Service say the police officer and the female suspect could be arraigned in court on Monday (27 September).
I’ve recently been defrauded to the tune of $7 million – Kennedy Agyapong laments
Assin Central Member of Parliament, Kennedy Agyapong, has disclosed that he has landed in a botched business that has seen him swindled to the tune of US$7 million by a young man.
According to him, in the line of business, no matter how shrewd a person is; losses and other challenges can pop up but that it was how a person handles it that determines how good a businessperson they are.
GhanaWeb monitored comments Agyapong made on Net2 TV’s ‘The Attitude’ show on August 20 where he revealed that the ‘fraudsters’ who are messing with him will soon know who they are up against.
“Even for me, things are not so smooth for me as you think. I told you last week that I have bought machines worth 7 million dollars for some young boys, they have swindled me, they are still on it, they haven’t changed.
“Their time will come, my message is that when I was advancing them the money to buy the canon machines, if that was all I had, I wouldn’t have given them that money. So I will eat, what pains me is that a 39-year-old boy will swindle me, a 61-year-old man.”
According to him, now that he is plotting to hit back at the fraudsters, “people are begging, people are still begging. People I respect are begging, you see why Ghana is not progressing?” he quizzed.
He vowed to go after the boys and to collapse their business, a fight back that he said he had started by cutting their sources of supply and business.
Agyapong, however, remains undaunted by the incident, stressing that he will continue to run his businesses and to make investments because that was a sign of a businessman who understands the ups and downs that come with the trade.
“I will not let them demoralize me…. I’m still investing. I am business-wise already but I have grown wiser. If you see a Ghanaian dying, let him die…. Nana Boadu (he gave the names of one of the boys) will not know what is coming upon him.
“But I will not let those boys collapse me, they are very evil, I know of two but I am told they are three… I will retrieve every pesewa of mine from those small boys, they will never swindle me this badly.
“I will take action and I don’t care, because I will not let him take me for granted ever. I usually pass my hand over my head. My head is boiling because I am so pained that the boys have been able to swindle me that bad,” he lamented.
Chaos: Agbogbloshie scrap dealers fires shots at police over de-congestion exercise – ghanapublisher.com
The scrap dealers at Agbogbloshie in Accra are resisting the decongestion exercise by the Greater Accra Regional Coordinating Council.
The scrap dealers and onion traders at Agbogbloshie are being relocated to Adjen Kotoku to help free the congestion in the central business district of Accra as part of the agenda “Make Accra work again” initiated by the Greater Accra Regional Minister, Mr Henry Quartey.
Graphic Online’s reporter Joshua Bediako Koomson who is with the team undertaking the exercise reports that the de-congestion exercise started Thursday morning was moving smoothly until the team arrived at the scrap dealers section.
The dealers set used vehicle tyres ablaze in protest against their removal from the spot.
According to our reporter Joshua Bediako, “They are firing shots and throwing stones at the security personnel.”
“They also started burning tyres”, he added.
He said the exercise aimed at removing onion traders and scrap dealers to Adjen Kotoku was peaceful until they reached the scrapyard.
The scrap dealers argued that they were not served any notice to vacate the place.
“So the military had to intervene by firing warning shots to disperse them,” he added.