Connect with us

News

Notorious armed robber’s jail term increases to 90 years

Published

on

Prince Adu, also known as Dracula, a notorious armed robber, who was handed a cumulative 63 years jail sentence by a Ho Circuit Court for three robbery offences, had his jail term increased to 90 years when the court sentenced him to an additional 27 years in hard labour for a similar offence.

The robber, who pleaded guilty to the charge, would have his new sentence run concurrently with the earlier convictions.

Narrating the fact to the court, presided over by Felix Datsomor, Chief Inspector Stephen Atidzon said the complainant (name withheld) is a trader and resident of New Housing, a suburb of Ho.

He said the complainant, who was returning to her house from Ho Barracks New Town, stopped a motorcycle, which had the convict and his accomplice, a juvenile, now committed in a borstal home on board on May 29, last year, at about 2200 hours.

The prosecution said the convict after hearing where the destination of the victim was, asked her to get on board and told her that he and his accomplice would be alighting soon.

Chief Inspector Atidzon said on reaching Donorkordzi cemetery, the complainant opted to alight, seeing that the vehicle was heading into the bush.

Prosecution said the convict also alighted immediately with the complainant and snatched her purse containing an amount of Gh¢100.00 and her itel mobile phone valued at Gh¢500.00.

He said the juvenile then removed a two-edged sharp machete from his bag and gave it to the convict and they started assaulting the complainant.

Prosecution said the rider tried to intervene and pleaded on behalf of the victim but the convict ordered him to move away from the scene immediately, which he did, leaving the victim behind.

Chief Inspector Atidzon said the victim, in an attempt to protect herself against the assault, held the edge of the machete, and the convict pulled it, resulting in a deep cut in her palm.

Prosecution said the convict then ordered the victim to remove her dress and he forcibly had sex with her after which he asked the victim to give him an additional money.

He said the convict, after having sexual intercourse with the complainant, ordered her to sit on one of the tombs whilst they leave, threatening to kill her if she disobeyed the order.

Prosecution said after the convict and his accomplice left, the victim quickly ran to Godokpui Police checkpoint and reported the incident to the Police on duty and they also informed the patrol team.

The juvenile was arrested on a motorcycle but the convict managed to escape, the Prosecution said.

Prosecution said on February 18, this year, the convict was arrested in a different case and was re-arrested on February 27, and pleaded guilty to the offence in his investigation statement, hence the stiffer punishment.

 

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

I’ve recently been defrauded to the tune of $7 million – Kennedy Agyapong laments

Published

on

Assin Central Member of Parliament, Kennedy Agyapong, has disclosed that he has landed in a botched business that has seen him swindled to the tune of US$7 million by a young man.

According to him, in the line of business, no matter how shrewd a person is; losses and other challenges can pop up but that it was how a person handles it that determines how good a businessperson they are.

GhanaWeb monitored comments Agyapong made on Net2 TV’s ‘The Attitude’ show on August 20 where he revealed that the ‘fraudsters’ who are messing with him will soon know who they are up against.

“Even for me, things are not so smooth for me as you think. I told you last week that I have bought machines worth 7 million dollars for some young boys, they have swindled me, they are still on it, they haven’t changed.

“Their time will come, my message is that when I was advancing them the money to buy the canon machines, if that was all I had, I wouldn’t have given them that money. So I will eat, what pains me is that a 39-year-old boy will swindle me, a 61-year-old man.”

According to him, now that he is plotting to hit back at the fraudsters, “people are begging, people are still begging. People I respect are begging, you see why Ghana is not progressing?” he quizzed.

He vowed to go after the boys and to collapse their business, a fight back that he said he had started by cutting their sources of supply and business.

Agyapong, however, remains undaunted by the incident, stressing that he will continue to run his businesses and to make investments because that was a sign of a businessman who understands the ups and downs that come with the trade.

“I will not let them demoralize me…. I’m still investing. I am business-wise already but I have grown wiser. If you see a Ghanaian dying, let him die…. Nana Boadu (he gave the names of one of the boys) will not know what is coming upon him.

“But I will not let those boys collapse me, they are very evil, I know of two but I am told they are three… I will retrieve every pesewa of mine from those small boys, they will never swindle me this badly.

“I will take action and I don’t care, because I will not let him take me for granted ever. I usually pass my hand over my head. My head is boiling because I am so pained that the boys have been able to swindle me that bad,” he lamented.

Continue Reading

News

Chaos: Agbogbloshie scrap dealers fires shots at police over de-congestion exercise – ghanapublisher.com

Published

on

The scrap dealers at Agbogbloshie in Accra are resisting the decongestion exercise by the Greater Accra Regional Coordinating Council.

The scrap dealers and onion traders at Agbogbloshie are being relocated to Adjen Kotoku to help free the congestion in the central business district of Accra as part of the agenda “Make Accra work again” initiated by the Greater Accra Regional Minister, Mr Henry Quartey.

Graphic Online’s reporter Joshua Bediako Koomson who is with the team undertaking the exercise reports that the de-congestion exercise started Thursday morning was moving smoothly until the team arrived at the scrap dealers section.

The dealers set used vehicle tyres ablaze in protest against their removal from the spot.

According to our reporter Joshua Bediako, “They are firing shots and throwing stones at the security personnel.”

“They also started burning tyres”, he added.

He said the exercise aimed at removing onion traders and scrap dealers to Adjen Kotoku was peaceful until they reached the scrapyard.

The scrap dealers argued that they were not served any notice to vacate the place.

“So the military had to intervene by firing warning shots to disperse them,” he added.

Source: graphiconline

Continue Reading

News

Calm down and support Prez. Akkufo Addo – Nana B to Ejura Youth – ghanapublisher.com

Published

on

NPP YOUTH WING APPEALS TO EJURA YOUTH TO CALM DOWN, SUPPORTS PREZ AKUFO-ADDO’s DIRECTIVE FOR PUBLIC INQUIRY

The National Youth wing of the New Patriotic Party has learned with profound concern reports of the alleged murder of Ibrahim Mohammed aka Kaaka and the unfortunate death of two protesters in Ejura in the Ashanti Region.

At the outset, we condemn in no uncertain terms the alleged mob attack that led to the untimely death of Kaaka and also the use of disproportionate force by the joint security force against the rampaging youth in Ejura.

We sincerely sympathize with the families of the deceased and pray that the good Lord comfort and strengthen them in the difficult times they find themselves.

As agonizing and regrettable as the death of these three individuals are, the Youth wing, in all humility, appeals to the youth in Ejura to calm down and tread a path that engenders peace, love and unity to honor the memories of the dead.

As youth we hold the key to the future of our great nation and we cannot jeopardize this great task by resorting to instant retaliation and violence which threatens the peaceful coexistence in our country.

We welcome and support the directive from H.E. Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo to the Minister of Interior, Hon. Ambrose Dery, MP, to immediately conduct Public Inquiry into the circumstances that led to the unfortunate occurrences on Tuesday, 29th June, 2021.

Again, we add on to the numerous calls on the Police to expedite investigations into the unfortunate death of Kaaka and serve justice to him and the bereaved family by bringing the perpetrators to book.

That said, It is deeply worrying that the opposition NDC seeks to use these very unfortunate and tragic occurrences as an opportunity to undermine the peace and progress we have collectively attained in almost 30 years of our democracy, admired and spoken about in the Sub-Region.

As citizens of Ghana and as Youth, it is our duty to denounce and condemn such statements which rather weakens our strength as a nation in fighting atrocious acts.

We must take up the call for social justice in an appropriate manner which ensures that all are protected and we contribute in the collective effort to support the peace process.

Once again, we solemnly commiserate with the families, friends and loved ones of the deceased and wish the injured a speedy recovery.

Thank you
…Signed…

Henry Nana Boakye
(National Youth Organizer, NPP)

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement Enter a d code here
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement Ente r ad code here
Advertisement

Popular

Copyright © 2021 Ghana Publisher.