Connect with us

Foreign News

Prince Philip’s Funeral In Photos, See the only 30 attendants due to Coronavirus

Published

on

The British royal family gathered Saturday for the funeral service of Prince Philip inside St. George’s Chapel on the grounds of Windsor Castle, the first time they have appeared together in public in more than a year.

Pall bearers carrying the coffin of the Duke of Edinburgh, followed by the Prince of Wales,

The funeral of Prince Philip, who died last week at age 99, was closed to the public and limited to just 30 people due to coronavirus-related restrictions.

Queen Elizabeth II, who was married to the Duke of Edinburgh for more than 73 years, sat alone during the service, donning a black face mask.

Prince Harry returned home for the services, making his first trip back to Windsor Castle since he and his wife, Meghan Markle, stepped away from the royal family in early 2020.

Queen Elizabeth II, who is will celebrate her 95th birthday next week, sat by herself in the front pew on Saturday due to Covid-19 concerns.

 

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales, holds back tears during a ceremonial procession to St. George's Chapel.

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales, holds back tears during a ceremonial procession to St. George’s Chapel.

Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, and his wife, Meghan Markle, posted a tribute to Philip on their website last week.

Prior to his passing, Prince Philip helped design the Land Rover that carried his coffin

Philip’s four children and some of his grandchildren (including William and Harry) walked in a procession behind his coffin as it was driven to St George’s Chapel.

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, was reportedly wearing a four-strand pearl necklace from the queen’s personal collection

More than 700 members of the Armed Forces were called to honor the Duke of Edinburgh at his funeral.

Tangent:

Prince Harry’s wife, Meghan Markle, did not attend the services. Markle, who is pregnant with the couple’s second child, was reportedly advised by her doctor to remain in California.

Crucial Quote:

“We have been inspired by his unwavering loyalty to our queen, by his service to the nation and the Commonwealth, by his courage, fortitude and faith,” Rev. David Conner, Dean of Windsor, said during Saturday’s funeral service. “Our lives have been enriched through the challenges that he has set us, the encouragement that he has given us, his kindness, humor and humanity.”

Big Number:

100. Philip was mere weeks away from celebrating his 100th birthday when he died peacefully at home last Friday.

 

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Foreign News

Mike Tyson loses his cool and unleashes punches on passenger ‘who wouldn’t stop talking to him’ on flight

Published

on

Mike Tyson was seen repeatedly a punching a fellow passenger on a flight from San Francisco to Florida on Wednesday night, leaving the man with a bloody forehead.

Cell phone footage, obtained by TMZ, shows the former heavyweight champion smacking an allegedly over-eager fan seated directly behind him.

That man initially had a cordial exchange with Tyson, according to TMZ. A witness says the man and a friend greeted the 55-year-old boxing legend as they boarded the plane and even got their picture taken with Tyson.

Tyson soon grew tired of engaging with the fan and reportedly asked him to be quiet.

When the man continued talking, Tyson then stood, turned, and threw several punches to the man’s face and forehead.

‘Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey Mike, come on, stop that,’ a witness is heard saying on the cell phone footage.

Another video from the flight shows the aftermath of the incident, with the man sporting traces of blood on his forehead.

‘My boy just got beat up by Mike Tyson,’ said the man shooting the video. ‘Yeah, he got f***ed up. Just trying to ask for an autograph. I don’t know what happened.’

The victim reportedly received medical attention and went to the police over the incident, but there has been no word yet if Tyson is being investigated.

DailyMail.com has reached out to spokespeople for Tyson and JetBlue but has yet to receive a response from either.

The incident took place after Tyson recently shared a bizarre theory while high on marijuana during a recent podcast.

During Friday’s installment of The Joe Rogan Experience, a stoned Tyson said he ‘really believes’ that the rich abduct vagrants to chase and hunt them on large private estates, unbeknownst to the uninitiated 99 percent.

After the pair smoked weed – appearing to light up two separate joints while sitting across from each other – Tyson told Rogan that ‘whatever you think a human did to another human being – it happened. Whatever it is, it happened.’

‘Somewhere in history?’ Rogan asked.

‘Yeah, and sometimes these special camps and stuff it happens,’ Tyson continued. ‘These people own these thousands of acres and nothing grows on ’em.’

‘Right, weird ranches where people do rituals and s***,’ Rogan encouraged.

‘Might want to hunt a motherf*****,’ Tyson said.

‘That’s not outside the realm of possibility!’ Rogan replied, shocked.

‘I know, that’s why I’m throwing it at you,’ Tyson said.

‘I guarantee you there’s been someone, somewhere in the world who paid someone to hunt a person,’ Rogan said. ‘I guarantee you that’s happened!’

Tyson is rumored to be working on an exhibition fight with YouTuber Jake Paul, but the two sides have yet to finalize anything. In January The Sun reported the two were nearing a deal for a bout that could be worth upwards of $50 million.

‘Mike and Jake are on board for an exhibition bout in Las Vegas,’ a business associate of Tyson’s told The Sun.

‘A verbal deal has been struck to get it on, but like all forms of sports business, now it’s all about the contracts and money split.

‘Mike is looking for a certain figure to get into the ring with a profit share guarantee.

‘Jake obviously has that on his mind but is keen to show the world that stepping into the ring with a man once called, ”the baddest man on the planet,” takes his boxing career to the next level.’

Obviously it’s the 30-year age difference that would make this potential bout unique.

‘This fight bridges the gap between old school boxing fans and the new generation of followers,’ the source told The Sun.

The 30-year age gap aside, Tyson (50-6-2) holds a considerable advantage in experience having fought in 58 professional bouts against actual boxers.

Paul, on the other hand, is 5-0 against another YouTuber, former NBA star Nate Robinson, and MMA fighters Ben Askren and Tyron Woodley, the latter of whom was knocked out in their rematch last month.

Unlike those, though, this would be an exhibition fight, in which knockdowns — let alone any knockouts — are quite rare.

The Sun’s source believes the bout can generate as much as much as £36million ($49 million) between live and pay per view broadcasts.

Tyson previously speculated about another exhibition following his split decision draw against retired boxing legend Roy Jones Jr. in 2020. At the time, he thought he’d be back in the ring in February, but it now looks to be taking place later in 2022.

‘I am going to have a return fight in February and we are pretty skeptical about the opponent but it will be a really stimulating opponent,’ Tyson told the Sun.

According to Tyson, the money for fighting one of the well-known Paul or his brother Logan would be too much to refuse.

‘That is the fight for the money,’ Tyson said in 2021. ‘Those are the money-making fights, those guys got 35 million people to watch.

‘Hell, I would fight them,’ he continued. ‘They would fight me. That would make a lot of money.

‘Hundred million dollars, they do anything, they don’t mind getting beat up for a hundred million dollars.’

While a win over Tyson would be Paul’s first against a legitimate boxer, it might not impress those within the sport.

Even aside from his age, Tyson’s reputation as the scariest man in boxing was laid to rest since 1990, when he was knocked out by James ‘Buster’ Douglas in Tokyo.

Prior to that, things were considerably different for Tyson, who was once so scared of killing his opponents in the ring that he often needed to have sex with groupies before fights to take the edge off his rage, his former bodyguard and chauffeur has claimed.

‘He had to get laid to disengage some of the strength he had,’ Rudy Gonzalez told The Sun in November. ‘So I had girls tucked away in bathrooms and changing rooms.

‘Sometimes he’d go in with them for a minute, bang the s*** out of them, snap his neck and say: ”Okay this guy is going to live tonight.”’

The strategy may have worked. Tyson, now 55, never did kill anyone in the ring, although he bit off a piece of Evander Holyfield’s ear in 1997, leading to a disqualification in their infamous rematch.

As Gonzalez explained, the ritual of pre-fight sex was born out of the heavyweight champion’s fear of killing another boxer.

‘His biggest fear was that he would kill someone in that ring,’ Gonzalez said. ‘He knew he could do it.

‘It is no exaggeration to say Mike was like a train hitting these guys. Having sex was his way of disengaging that power and loosening up a bit.’

In addition to rage and sex, Tyson’s pre-fight routine was also defined by intense anxiety and sorrow.

‘He had an anxiety problem where he would be in despair with anxiety of not feeling good enough or not wanting to screw it up,’ Gonzalez said.

‘Mike had the fear that if he screwed this up, he would end up back in his old neighborhood or be locked up.’

And Tyson had reason to fear his former life.

Abandoned by his father at birth, and orphaned at 16 when his mother passed away, Tyson grew up in Brooklyn’s rough Brownsville neighborhood in the 1970s and had the physical and emotional scars to prove it.

According to several accounts, Tyson was targeted for his short stature and his lisp at a young age, and he responded by getting arrested 38 times by age 13.

He was eventually enrolled at the Tryon School for Boys in Johnstown, New York, where a corrections officer named Bobby Stewart introduced him to boxing and legendary trainer Cus D’Amato, who would become Tyson’s legal guardian.

Tyson would soon become the youngest heavyweight champion in boxing history by beating Trevor Berbick in 1986 at age 20.

But his aside from his prodigious power (44 of his 50 career wins ended by knockout), Tyson will also be remembered for disappointments inside and outside the ring.

He steamrolled over lesser opponents in the late 1980s, but his one-year marriage to actress Robin Givens ended with allegations of abuse against Tyson.

In 1990, in what was thought to be a warmup fight for his much-anticipated bout with Holyfield, Tyson was stunned by Douglas, a 40-to-1 underdog.

Douglas would promptly lose his titles to Holyfield, rendering a rematch pointless, but Tyson got back on the winning track with three straight knockouts and a unanimous decision victory over Donovan Ruddock in their rematch.

However, before Tyson could step into the ring with Holyfield, he would be accused and convicted of raping an 18-year-old beauty pageant contestant in an Indianapolis hotel room.

He would return to the ring in 1995, but Tyson was never the same.

After winning four easy bouts upon his release, Tyson would go 5-5 over the remainder of his career, including two losses to Holyfield and a knockout defeat to Lennox Lewis. His career ended in 2005 with a an embarrassing loss to unheralded Kevin McBride.

In retirement, Tyson has changed his public persona, launching a one-man show in 2013 in which he discussed his often traumatic upbringing and adult life. He’s also started charities for children from broken homes, appeared in movies, such as The Hangover series, and is now a cannabis entrepreneur.

He’s also opened up about past drug use, which he said centered on cocaine, but also included the venom from a poisonous toad that he said actually left him legally dead for a brief moment.

‘In my trips I’ve seen that death is beautiful,’ Tyson told the New York Post recently. ‘Life and death both have to be beautiful, but death has a bad rep. The toad has taught me that I’m not going to be here forever. There’s an expiration date.

‘I did it as a dare,’ Tyson sad of ingesting the psychedelic. ‘I was doing heavy drugs like cocaine, so why not? It’s another dimension. Before I did the toad, I was a wreck. The toughest opponent I ever faced was myself. I had low self-esteem. People with big egos often have low self-esteem. We use our ego to subsidize that. The toad strips the ego.’

A year ago, Tyson stepped into the ring for an exhibition against former multi-weight division title-winner Roy Jones Jr. The WBC unofficially called the bout a draw.

 

Continue Reading

Foreign News

Otumfour to Musah Superior- I know your competence, commitment and honesty – ghanapublisher.com

Published

on

The former Tamale Mayor who is currently the Deputy C.E.O of Ghana Forestry Commission, Hon. Iddrisu Musah affectionately called Musah Superior has paid a courtesy call on the Asantehene, His Royal Majesty Otumfour Osei Tutu II at his Magnificent Manhyia Palace in the Ashanti Region.

The visit was particularly intended to officially inform him of his intention to bid for the New Patriotic Party’s General Secretary position in the upcoming elections and also seek his blessings.

In attendance was his official campaign team championing the Peoples’ Campaign Agenda towards victory.

The Peoples’ Campaign Official Team

The Otumfour Osei Tutu II in his acceptance elements emphatically stated that, he has been monitoring Musah Superior from his days of occupying the office of Tamale Metropolist as a Mayor and know how competent, selfless, honest and committed he is.

His Majesty added that, he believes Musah Superior will perform very well if he is elected the Next General Secretary of the NPP.

Otumfour further advised him to continue being humble, committed and selfless as he has always exhibited and that will draw the delegates to him.

He blessed the aspirant and his team and wished them well in the upcoming elections.

Source: www.ghanapublisher.com

Continue Reading

Foreign News

Lucifer loves sex a lot- Girl reveals in new TikTok video

Published

on

Lucifer loves sex a lot- Girl reveals in new TikTok video

A pretty lady while impersonating a voice-over on Tiktok has revealed that Lucifer loves sex very much.

Apparently, the original video which belongs to one of those so-called pastors revealed that Lucifer loves sex a lot which he does every day.

The pastor who was represented by the lady with succulent boobs, further that she has direct links with Lucifer and she gathered via first-hand information that he loves sexual intercourse which he indulges in around the clock.

Watch the video from the perspective of this beautiful lady who reportedly hails from Nigeria.

A naughty lady with a big towel tied around her waist has been spotted in a video trying to defile a young guy.

The guy who is presumably a virgin owing to his facial reactions and juvenile tendencies tried to resist the sexual advances of the girl who used various antics to get her into her room.

They began exhibiting some playful gestures after which the guy fell into her trap which saw them moving to her room together.

Watch the video below;

Continue Reading
Advertisement Enter a d code here
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement Ente r ad code here
Advertisement

Popular

Copyright © 2021 Ghana Publisher.