There is no doubt the Member of Parliament for Effutu Constituency in the Central Region, Hon. Alexander Kwamina Afenyo-Markin won the best performing MP during his first term in office when FAKS Investigative Services conducted a survey in 2014.
The Honorable Member has since kept his unprecedented performance which differentiate him from other colleague MP’s. The list below shows work done by the MP in his constituency in the past 2019 year in Health, Education, Employment, Business, Roads, Sanitation, Security, Agricultural and Judicial Service.
- 728 laptops to teachers in both public and private schools in the Effutu Municipality.
- 2,500 desks to schools in the Effutu Municipality
- 300 desks to Winnesec
- Provision of desks at Old Library Surflet House.
- Scholarships to 155 nurses and still counting.
- Scholarships to 180 UEW students and still counting.
- Scholarship Fund to 60 teachers in the Effutu Municipality.
- Mathematical Sets for All BECE candidates 2019.
- WONSOM completed and commissioned
- Ansaful 100% completed and commissioned
- Gyangyanadze 80% completed
- Atekyedo 70% completed.
- UNIPRA North 100% completed.
- NVTI ICT Center and pavilions completed
Ansaful JHS Block completed.
Atekyedo JHS. 80% completed.
- Zongo 100% completed and commissioned
2 Sekedjano 100% completed and commissioned.
- Ansaful 90% completed
- Sankor 70% completed
- Ekroful 80% complete
- Ensuakyir 70% completed
7 Atekyedo 90% completed
- Kojobedu 40% completed
- Akosua Village
- One Ambulance to the Municipal Hospital
- Expansion of Municipal Hospital’s Theater
- Renovation of Municipal Hospital’s maternity ward.
- Mothers’ hostel at Municipal Hospital.
- Donation of hospital equipment to Ensuekyir CHIPS compound.
- Medical bills’ support to thousands of patients.
- Over 10,000 NHIS cards to Effutu’s constituents.
- 50 electrical hospital beds donated.
- New Neo-natal Clinic at Effutu Municipal Hospital’s Children’s ward commissioned.
- CHIP Compound 100% completed and commissioned at Wunsom.
- CHIP Compound 70% completed at Gyahadze.
- Akosua Village – commenced
- Warabeba – commenced
- Ateitu- commenced
- Ansaful- commenced
- Renovation of old court building, Winneba.
- Lobbied for the new High Court.
- Tractor for the rural communities.
- 16 pumping machines for farmers.
- Cash and fertilizers for vegetable farmers in the Municipality.
- 310 outboard motors for fishermen.
- GHC 500.00 each financial support for 650 fishermen and still counting.
- GHC 500.00 financial support for pig farmers.
- Farming equipment to Sankor farmers plus a support of GHC20,000.00
- 11 Tricycles for farmers in Winneba.
- Renovation of bathroom and standing pipe at Ofunyamu.
- Erection of public standing pipe at Domeabra.
- Provision of modern toilet facilities at:
- Akosua Villag
- .Yepimso “A”
- Yepimso “B”
- Boat Yard “A”
- Boat Yard “B”
- GHC100,000.00 to Mobile Money vendors.
2. GHC1000.00 for drinking bar operators.
3. GHC500.00 each fot 75 Nkwantanan market women.
4. GHC 500.00 each for 150 fish sellers at ‘One Way’ Market.
5. 400 deep freezers distributed to constituents.
6. 28 sets of musical gadgets for Spinners Association in Winneba
7. 150 Gas Stoves & Cylinders for Indomie sellers in Winneba
- 150 taxis distributed on work and pay basis.
- 285 ardbord motors distributed.
- 3,206 sewing machines distributed.
- 2,850 hairdryers distributed.
- 250 masonry tools distributed.
- 250 carpentry tools distributed.
- 215 industrial machines to Taiilors and Hairdressers Association.
- Sponsorship of Muslims to Mecca.
2.Provision of Polytank and P.A system for Fulani Mosque at Winneba Junction.
- Anglican Church to Cops Junction
- Yepimso to Gyahadze road.
- Gyatakrom- Ataitu road ongoing.
- Sankor Junction – Ensuekyir, Gyahadze road.
- Sakagyano-Yepimso road.
- Renovation of Winneba Police Station.
- Building of modern library at Command and Staff College.
- Training of 62 community policing assistants.
- 11 Fire Service personnel
- 200 street lights
- Training of 100 youth in City Guarding
- Construction of 4 New Police Stations in Effutu.
Chaos: Agbogbloshie scrap dealers fires shots at police over de-congestion exercise – ghanapublisher.com
The scrap dealers at Agbogbloshie in Accra are resisting the decongestion exercise by the Greater Accra Regional Coordinating Council.
The scrap dealers and onion traders at Agbogbloshie are being relocated to Adjen Kotoku to help free the congestion in the central business district of Accra as part of the agenda “Make Accra work again” initiated by the Greater Accra Regional Minister, Mr Henry Quartey.
Graphic Online’s reporter Joshua Bediako Koomson who is with the team undertaking the exercise reports that the de-congestion exercise started Thursday morning was moving smoothly until the team arrived at the scrap dealers section.
The dealers set used vehicle tyres ablaze in protest against their removal from the spot.
According to our reporter Joshua Bediako, “They are firing shots and throwing stones at the security personnel.”
“They also started burning tyres”, he added.
He said the exercise aimed at removing onion traders and scrap dealers to Adjen Kotoku was peaceful until they reached the scrapyard.
The scrap dealers argued that they were not served any notice to vacate the place.
“So the military had to intervene by firing warning shots to disperse them,” he added.
Calm down and support Prez. Akkufo Addo – Nana B to Ejura Youth – ghanapublisher.com
NPP YOUTH WING APPEALS TO EJURA YOUTH TO CALM DOWN, SUPPORTS PREZ AKUFO-ADDO’s DIRECTIVE FOR PUBLIC INQUIRY
The National Youth wing of the New Patriotic Party has learned with profound concern reports of the alleged murder of Ibrahim Mohammed aka Kaaka and the unfortunate death of two protesters in Ejura in the Ashanti Region.
At the outset, we condemn in no uncertain terms the alleged mob attack that led to the untimely death of Kaaka and also the use of disproportionate force by the joint security force against the rampaging youth in Ejura.
We sincerely sympathize with the families of the deceased and pray that the good Lord comfort and strengthen them in the difficult times they find themselves.
As agonizing and regrettable as the death of these three individuals are, the Youth wing, in all humility, appeals to the youth in Ejura to calm down and tread a path that engenders peace, love and unity to honor the memories of the dead.
As youth we hold the key to the future of our great nation and we cannot jeopardize this great task by resorting to instant retaliation and violence which threatens the peaceful coexistence in our country.
We welcome and support the directive from H.E. Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo to the Minister of Interior, Hon. Ambrose Dery, MP, to immediately conduct Public Inquiry into the circumstances that led to the unfortunate occurrences on Tuesday, 29th June, 2021.
Again, we add on to the numerous calls on the Police to expedite investigations into the unfortunate death of Kaaka and serve justice to him and the bereaved family by bringing the perpetrators to book.
That said, It is deeply worrying that the opposition NDC seeks to use these very unfortunate and tragic occurrences as an opportunity to undermine the peace and progress we have collectively attained in almost 30 years of our democracy, admired and spoken about in the Sub-Region.
As citizens of Ghana and as Youth, it is our duty to denounce and condemn such statements which rather weakens our strength as a nation in fighting atrocious acts.
We must take up the call for social justice in an appropriate manner which ensures that all are protected and we contribute in the collective effort to support the peace process.
Once again, we solemnly commiserate with the families, friends and loved ones of the deceased and wish the injured a speedy recovery.
Henry Nana Boakye
(National Youth Organizer, NPP)
Breaking : Saddick Adams and his team Leaving Angel Broadcasting Network? – ghanapublisher.com
Award-winning broadcast sports journalist and head of sports of Accra-based Angel FM, Saddick Adams, popularly known as ‘Sports Obama’ together with his team are on the verge of leaving Angel Broadcasting Network (ABN).
Believe it or not, this website can extensively report the popular sports broadcaster and his crew (including Nathaniel Obeng, Isaac Ansah Apagya and many others) are on their way to Media General – Onua FM and Onua TV.
Saddick Adams ‘Sports Obama’ and his crew, would however join former compatriot at Angel FM, Captain Smart at Media General.
Reasons for the decision to part ways with the media outfit is currently unknown but this portal suggests the crew is not enthused about the turn of events at the Accra based station, thus management’s decision to take its popular evening sports show, ‘ Angel Floodlights show’ off Angel TV.
Although none of the crew have confirmed or denied the rumours whether they are on the verge to divorce their relationship with the Angel Broadcasting Network; however this website sighted a post on Saddick Adams’ facebook wall Saturday evening which in a way confirms this particular story.
Here is the post: